Sunday, December 19, 2010

I'm back!

It's been over a year since I blogged last; wow how did time fly by so quickly? I've had so many random thoughts running through my mind lately that I've decided to pick it back up. Most of my blogs are probably not going to be interesting, most will probably be short/random thoughts, but who knows maybe I will say something interesting some of the days. I guess we'll all have to wait and see (including myself). But for now I'm not really sure where to begin but I know I have to start somewhere...

This blog is going to be about Malea. Because I'm a mom, and moms talk about there kids, this is the easiest place for me to start. Don't worry Billy they won't all be about Malea. :)

I love my little girl. She is so freakin' adorable and funny. It has been an adventure to see her little personality start to take shape. I love that she can yell from the other room, "mommy come here peese!" and that walks around the house carrying her raggedy teddy bear that she loves SO much (best WinCo purchase ever!). I love that she speaks better than any 1 1/2 year old I've ever know, except for maybe Ava Edwardson, and that she knows how to count from 1-11 but thinks it's funny to say, "1, 2, 7, 10" instead. She's starting to pick up on humor and so now she has started to make her own "jokes", like counting wrong.

Christmas has been SO much more fun this year now that she's at an age where she can really enjoy it. I have been jumping out of my skin and so excited for Christmas morning for months now! I love that everywhere we go Malea points and yells at all the "Chris lights!" I think she's obsessed with seeing "Santa Tause" and snowmen, the other night she kept saying "more Santa Tause peese, more Santa Tause peese, more Santa peese." It doesn't help to try and explain to a 21 month old that you have to drive to each next house and you have to be patient in between because it takes time to drive there. Yeah, that was pretty much a joke. She also loves all the Christmas trees and garland in the house. Every morning she comes out and points to a tree or garland and says, "turn dis tree on" and once I turn that one on she turns to the next one and says, "turn dat tree on", and on and on until our whole house has all of the Christmas lights lit up. I can't wait to see what our bill is going to be this month since pretty much every day is spent will all the Christmas lights on!

I also love that Malea loves to help me bake. She runs over to her step stool and says "dis peese, get dis mommy." So I set up her stool and then she runs over to where the aprons are hung and says, "dis too peese." I taught her how I smell things when I cook to make sure I have enough of the seasonings I want so it's funny when we bake because she tries to smell each thing and she usually ends up with flour on her face. :) She doesn't quite understand that cooking and baking are different. Putting things in the oven is always exciting. I say, "okay now we are going to put them in the oven to cook" and her immediate response is always, "reeeeally hot", then I say, "yes you are right the oven is 'reeeeealllly hot." She's a smart one.

I love her new (as in the last month) obsession with "Baby Jesus". I swear I have read the Christmas story, in her Bible, to her at least 100 times, probably more. She loves Baby Jesus. Her Nana Mimi bought her a little Nativity set this year and she carries the little Baby Jesus around with her sometimes. Apparently Baby Jesus loves to jump on the couch, read stories, drink from Malea's sippy cup and go to "seep" in the ottoman.

I could probably go on all night about all the cute things that I love that Malea does, but it's late and I have to get up with that cute little girl in the morning.

So I've done it, I've officially completed my first blog in over a year, yay me!
Look forward to:
1. 5 days of Christmas
2. A fun craft (I did steal the idea of posting a craft from Amy Culp)
3. My pet peeves
4. A mother terrified of public restrooms so how am I ever going to be able to potty train
5. And who knows what else!

(Emily this picture is for you!) :)

4 comments:

  1. YOU DID IT!!!!
    I'm so glad to have a blogging-buddy now :) And by all means, blog as much as you'd like about your sweet daughter! I love reading about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atta girl, Anna! That was so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha! Welcome back and thanks for the shout out;)

    ReplyDelete