Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Weekend Away

This weekend Matt and I took a trip down to San Jose to visit Matt's parents. We were fortunate because Matt was able to get off work Thursday afternoon which gave us a full extra day to spend with friends and family. We had such a fun time and I can't believe how much we were able to cram into 2 1/2 days!

Thursday night we went out to an amazing pizza joint on Santana Row with our good friends Chris and Deborah. We spent hours talking, laughing, and crying a little and at the end of the night we both left wishing that we lived a little closer to one another.

Friday was even more eventful with more excitement then we could have hoped for! Since Friday was Matt's dad's birthday, his mom had planned a whole day of adventures for us. We started out by driving into San Fransisco where we hopped on a boat and headed out to Alcatraz. Matt's dad had never been there before so it was really fun walking around and seeing all the sites of the island. After returning from Alcatraz we headed up to Half Moon Bay. After taking a slight detour, since we didn't have directions, we ended up at the Ritz Carlton where we enjoyed a glass of wine in their incredible bar which overlooks the ocean. It was truly amazing and being my first time there, I was blown away. After our time at the Ritz Carlton we headed home to quickly change our clothes and then we went out for Marty's birthday dinner. We went to this incredible restaurant in Los Gatos where the food melts in your mouth and the chocolate dessert is to die for! After that we were all fat, happy, and ready to hit our pillows!
Saturday we woke up with only a few errands on the agenda but during our breakfast Matt's dad thought of a great way to spend our day. I had mentioned the day before that I had never been to Carmel so in a matter of minutes it was decided that we would drive down to Carmel to spend the day sightseeing and relaxing. Once our errands were checked off the "to do" list we all piled in the car and hit the road excited for another day of adventures. The drive went pretty quickly, luckily I didn't get car sick, and then before we knew it we were arriving in the beautiful Carmel. I still cannot believe how stinkin' cute that town is. I wanted to stay there for days and just walk around all of the cute little shops! But with lots of things to see we headed strait for a place to get lunch. I'm not sure if every restaurant in Camel is as good as the one we chose but I will say if you are ever in Carmel you have to go eat at Casanova. We had the most incredible service and we felt like we were kings and queens. After finishing our meal we all hopped in the car and headed out to Point Lobos. It was amazing. We could not have been blessed with a more clear, warm day and the water was absolutely gorgeous! We spent a little over an hour taking in the sights, looking for crabs, climbing rocks, and walking trails; like I said before it was amazing. After we had tired ourselves out from all the climbing and walking around we drove up to 17 Mile Drive. I had heard this was something you had to do if ever in Carmel, and I will say that while seeing all of the gorgeous homes and ocean views was wonderful, I felt that it wasn't all that it had been cracked up to be. So after another long day of excitement we headed home to do some relaxing. Once we arrived back at the Moseley's we quickly set up about 25 tea lights out in the garage and we sat down in the glistening light of the candles to do a wine tasting with Marty's very own homemade wine. I have to say that I have tasted a lot of fine wines and Marty's wine gives them all a run for their money. It was the perfect ending to a perfect weekend, sitting in the candle light, sipping great wine, and enjoying the company of our family.











So as you can see we had a very eventful weekend! I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to do all of those fun things. It's such a blessing to have in laws that love to spoil you but the best part is getting to spoil them back a little. :) I hope you enjoyed hearing about my long weekend and looking at the pictures of all our adventures!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! Sounds like fun. We sure wish we could have come down for the weekend, too, but are glad you got to share such special time with the in-laws. They really are good at spoiling us, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I can't believe Marty had never been to Alcatraz! Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, did you see Sean Connery? What about those guys that made a raft from rain gear and tried to sale off the island...do you think they made it? I seen on myth buster once that they tried to bust it only to find out that it could be done....at least the way they did it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I'm sitting here in my PJ's drinking tea and reading friend's blogs on google reader, my new favorite thing! Instead of reading the news in the newspaper every day(BORING!) I get to read news about my favorite friends!!! The pictures are much better too. Thank you for blogging! I love to hear about your happenings so I can be praying for you! May you be so blessed!
    -Krista Lain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna, this just seemed like the perfect weekend. I am so jealous (in a good way!) I am so glad you got that time away and it was so fun to read about.

    ReplyDelete