Friday, April 24, 2009

Embarrassing moment

Last week I went to coffee with my sister at a cute little coffee shop here in Cottonwood. After we were finished my sister left but I asked if I could use their restroom. It's privately owned so the lady was really nice and told me that would be just fine and then she directed me down the hall to the restroom. When I was walking into the bathroom I noticed a "Wet Floor" sign and thought that maybe the floors had just been cleaned. Not really concerned I headed into the bathroom and did my business--only #1 I have to add. I flushed the toilet and started washing my hands when I heard a funny noise. I looked over and the toilet was starting to fill up! Thinking it would start going down I proceeded to wash my hands but kept an eye on it. It didn't go down. Slowly the water started to trickle over the edge so I grabbed the plunger and tried to plunge the toilet. That didn't work and only made more water spill out! Freaked out I ran out to tell the owner and she seemed like it was no big deal and told me to finish washing my hands out in the front. I washed my hands and then had to go back into get my sunglasses and keys and when I was walking back I noticed that water was spilling out from the restroom out into the hallway headed toward the kitchen!!! I panicked, grabbed my stuff, said I was sorry for the 5th time and then bailed! So weird. I can honestly say that up until that moment nothing like that has ever happened to me. Guess I won't be going in there any time soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good grief! That is so awful and funny all at the same time! What a sweet woman that worked there! She had to have known though, with the sign being up and still she let you use the bathroom and then she wasn't surprised when it all happened. What a crazy story. Although, you've inspired me to blog about embarrassing moments, you'll have to visit my site and let me know what you think of mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my that is so funny! How embarrassing! I dont know what i would have done, probably just left with out saying anything! lol...im sorry :(

    ReplyDelete