Thursday, December 4, 2008

God totally healed me!

Tuesday night I woke up about 2am (so I guess technically it was Wednesday but whatever) and my throat was killing me! I never seem to get the flu or any of the other seasonal sicknesses but EVERY dang year I get the soar throat, runny nose, lose your voice thing. I've already had it once this year and I was miserable for 2 weeks! Needless to say when I woke up the other night and my throat was killing me I was super frustrated. It's hard because my job is to talk to people on the phone all day so I knew that I wouldn't be able to let my voice rest on Wednesday.

So there I am awake at 2am, frustrated to no end, and not able to sleep because my throat hurt. I rolled over and popped a Zinc lozenge in my mouth (I had put them on my night stand because I kind of had a feeling it was coming) and I just started praying that God would heal me. I finally fell back to sleep but when I woke up at 6:15am it was still really hurting. I thought about just going back to sleep but I knew that I had a lot of work to do so I dragged myself out of bed.

All morning my throat bothered me but I kept praying, drinking lots of water and popping those Zinc lozenges (they're from Trader Joe's and they are the best!). Later in the afternoon my throat was feeling a little better but I still wasn't 100% so I tried to take it easy and I skipped my afternoon walk on my treadmill.

Last night when I went to bed I was anticipating another miserable night but I totally slept well, except for getting up and having to go to the bathroom, and this morning when I woke up my throat felt great! Praise the Lord! I've never only had a 1 day sickness but I'm so grateful that God healed me and that I can get back to work, working out, and life as usual! Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment