Sunday night Nathan preached a great message but the one thing that stood out to me the most was what he said about God's goodness. He said that "one of the greatest schemes of the enemy is to blind the world from seeing how GOOD God is." This statement hit me like a ton of bricks because how many times in my life have I been so focused on what I'm not getting that I miss out on how much God is really blessing me? Probably a lot! It's so easy to get caught up in what we aren't getting that we lose focus on what we've been given. So I decided that I wanted to proclaim to the world some of the good that God has done in my life. I have been blessed so much by the Lord that the least I can do is to recognize that and be grateful for it. So here's some of the good:
1. God has blessed me with great parents who may have stopped loving one another but NEVER stopped loving me
2. God has blessed me with a great family: sisters, a brother, cousins, 4 uncles and incredible grandparents
3. God has always blessed me with great friends: always the right ones for the right time in my life
4. God has blessed me with an amazing husband that loves everything about me: the good, bad, and the ugly
5. God has always provided for me financially even though sometimes it seemed impossible
6. God has always provided great jobs for me; I don't remember the last time I had to look for a job, because the right job has always come in His perfect timing
7. God knows that I love to travel and has provided incredible opportunities for me to live on the East Coast and Hawaii, and to visit every state on the East Coast, the Grand Canyon, Los Vegas, Colorado, Ireland, England, France, Belgium, and Holland
8. God has blessed Matt and I with a beautiful home which we have been able to use to bless others
9. God has blessed me with 4 nephews and 1 niece all of whom are healthy and adorable
10. God has blessed Matt and I with the incredible gift of a baby who is healthy and growing inside of me
These are just a few of the MANY ways that God has blessed me in my life. I am so grateful for all of the good that God has done in my life and even though I know I will still have doubts I pray that I can look at all of the ways God has blessed me and have faith that whatever the situation I know that He is in control and that He has my best interest in mind. What are the ways in which God has been good in your life?
I loved what Nate talked about on Sunday night because it has been the same thing that has been impressed on me recently - God is good ALL the time - no matter what the circumstances of our lives are. Thanks for sharing Anna!
ReplyDelete