Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Crib frustrations!!!!!
About a month ago Matt and I found the crib that we wanted to buy for the baby's room. My mother-in-law was nice enough to offer to buy it for us so we were ecstatic and couldn't wait to get it. Well last Thursday she went to order it and they had discontinued the color that I wanted! Seriously why would they do that to a pregnant woman?!? That changes everything. I spent 2 1/2 hours online on Friday morning trying to find another company that made the same crib in the color I wanted... no luck. I did find a crib that is almost exactly the same, with one minor difference, but of course it is $100 more! Grrr!!! So now I am back to square 1. I think I have resolved myself to just going with the white crib but now I have to re-figure all of my designs so that I can use a white crib and white dresser, because obviously I'm not going to put a white crib up against white wainscoting. Hmmm... so much to do, so little time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Do not fret Anna, a white crib is so soft and precious. I honestly thought that you would be the kind that would get a white crib, I guess I was wrong. But whatever you get, the main thing is the gift that you get to place in that crib. No matter what color the crib is or the room, that gift of life is going to poke his or her head out and give you a big smile and you won't notice anything else in that room. :)
ReplyDeleteAw, Anna. I had some stroller frustrations of my own, so I feel your pain. I fell in love with a particular design right when we found out we were pregnant, and when we went back to buy it later, it was discontinued. I like what you said about it being so cruel to put a pregnant woman through something like that. I totally agree!
ReplyDeleteWell, hang in there. I'm sure the perfect crib is out there somewhere. Can't wait to meet the little buddy who'll get to sleep in it!
I have to agree with Emily...I pictured you as a white crib-er too! But whatever you end up with, you will make the room beautiful, you always do! =)
ReplyDelete