Question: Do you have a cleaning schedule? Like certain chores on certain days of the week? I'm really good at following a routine, but pretty horrible at establishing one for myself and was curious as to what you do!
Answer: Absolutely! I think it is so important to have a cleaning schedule. I hate to feel like I'm cleaning every day of the week so I pick a day and do all the major chores.
Step 1: Make a list of all the cleaning things that need to be done, etc: bathrooms, mop floors (upstairs, downstairs), dust, vacuum, etc.
Step 2: Break the items into categories, etc: 1/wk, e/o wk, 1/mo, e/o month, etc.
For example the bathrooms are something that need to be cleaned every week. You need to clean the floor around the toilets every week but if you hate to mop you could probably get away with only doing it e/o week. Dusting if you have animals should be done 1/wk but if you don't you could probably get away with e/o week. A 1/mo thing would be dusting the fans, an e/o month thing would be changing your air filters, and so on a so forth.
Step 3: Stick to it! Once you have the list in place stick to it. It will take a little getting used to and on your first couple cleaning days you might get overwhelmed but in the end you will realize that it's so nice to have the whole rest of the week off!
If you are having trouble give me a call, I'd love to help you set something up!
No comments:
Post a Comment