As most of you know I am pretty particular about most of the things in my home; I vacuum pretty much every day, I am constantly wiping off the counters and wiping the dust and cat hair off the other surfaces of my home, and any little thing that is out of place drives me crazy! All this to say that even though I am “Anal Annie” about most things you will be surprised to find that there are a few things that when it comes to cleaning them I am pretty lazy.For example: baseboards… I hate cleaning baseboards! When I moved out of my apartment, of three years, I was forced to clean the baseboards and while it was quite a simple task I despised every minute of it. We have been in our home now for just over 2 years and to this day I have never gone through my home and cleaned the baseboards! I will admit to the occasional spot cleaning but I have never cleaned then all. Above is a picture of the baseboard behind the door in my bathroom can you see all the gunk on it? YUCK!!! Every time I sit down on the toilet I look at this and it grosses me out but I still can’t bring myself to getting down on my hands and knees to scrub the gunk off. Talk about laziness!!! You would think after 2+ years of staring at that a clean freak like me would have done something about it by now!!!
Here’s another example. About 6 months ago part of my retainer went missing (yes I had braces and yes I still have to wear my retainer at night!). It had been sitting up by my sink drying and when I came home from work it was no where to be found. I figured that one of my cats had jumped up on the counter, even though they are not supposed to (that’s a whole other confession), but I looked everywhere and couldn’t find it anywhere! Well last F
riday I was doing my usual cleaning and I don’t remember why but for some reason I had our closet door closed and I glanced down by the baseboard… and there was my retainer… 6 months it had been missing and all that time it had just been laying by the baseboard in a layer of dust, hair and other yuckiness because I am too lazy to clean the dang things. Needless to say I picked up my retainer and cleaned that one corner of baseboard. Here is a picture to show you how clean it is now. So now that that one corner is clean I only have about 1,800 square feet of other baseboards to clean…probably not going to happen any time soon. Maybe someday I will get motivated and do it but that day is not today! :)
These confessions...are sooooo funny!!!!
ReplyDeleteNow there's something I can relate to in these confessions! Seeing something that you know needs to be cleaned and having it gross you out but just reeaallly not wanting to do anything about it. I think it's all about waiting for the gross out factor to out-weigh the laziness factor. For you that happens more quickly than for most! ;) I have some things that are like that for me. Like dishes in the sink. My gross out fuse is pretty short for that.
ReplyDeleteYou crack me up. I won't even start on the confessions at my house! I feel good that I took out the laundry trash can today. I'll leave it at that.
ReplyDeleteIt is good to see that there is SOMETHING undone at your house. Phew! :)
i totally have the same thing in the bathroom!! i'm glad i'm not alone:)
ReplyDelete